A young man who just graduated from the Department of Philosophy, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA), Gbenga Moses, has been found dead inside his room in an off-campus hostel.
Gbenga popularly known as Pablo died of suspected food poisoning.
The deceased was said to be waiting for the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) call-up letter.
Sources said he and his girlfriend were hospitalised after taking a meal eaten from an undisclosed restaurant in Akungba.
The sources said the deceased and his girlfriend were treated and discharged at Aduloju Hospital, Iwaro.
Another source said the deceased and his girlfriend were treated for typhoid.
It was learnt that Gbenga was found dead inside his room after neighbours broke into his room when he was not seen the next day.
“The moment we noticed he was not responding to calls and knocks on his door, we barged into his room through his window around 11 am, when we noticed he did not open his door.
“He is a lovely and entertaining person. Yesterday, we were made to understand that his girlfriend’s health was critical, and was just discharged.”
A source who pleaded anonymity disclosed that Gbenga was not the first person to complain about food poisoning, adding that a few weeks ago, it took God’s intervention to save a student who ate poison in an undisclosed restaurant.
Dean of Student Affairs, Prof. Olusegun Akanbi, who confirmed Gbenga’s death, said he died Sunday Morning.
He said: “The Head of the Department of Philosophy just called me and it was discovered that he passed on this morning, and his parents had already come.”
The spokesman for the institution, Victor Akinpelumi, said an investigative team had been set up by the institution to unravel the true situation of the incident.